Welcome to Claiborne County, Mississippi. We, the members of the Claiborne County Sheriff’s Office, are committed to excellence in law enforcement and are dedicated to the people of this community. Our purpose is to ensure the safety and security of each person and the property of our citizens by working with the public and within the framework of the U.S. Constitution to enforce the law, preserve the peace, reduce fear, and provide a safe environment.
PHILOSOPHY – Crime and public safety are community problems. Therefore, citizens and the law enforcement community must work together to solve them. Community policing philosophy based on a partnership between the police and the community whereby, together, neighborhood problems are solved and the quality of life is enhanced.
VALUES – We promise to diligently uphold the laws that protect both life and property of the citizens of Claiborne County without bias or prejudice. We pledge to conduct ourselves both professionally and personally in ways which clearly show that honesty and integrity are our code of honor.
INNOVATION – The Claiborne County Sheriff’s Office will value innovation from all levels. We will strive to keep pace with the latest methods and technology through continuous training and education. All employees must understand the importance of creating a work environment that encourages innovation, input, and participation.
- Life and individual freedom are sacred.
- All persons should be treated fairly and equitably.
- The role of the Sheriff’s Office is to resolve problems through the enforcement of laws – not through the imposition of judgment or punishment.
- The neighborhood is the basic segment of the community.
- Because law enforcement and public safety reflect community wide concern, the Sheriff’s Office must actively seek the involvement in all aspects of policing.
- The fundamental responsibility of the Sheriff’s Office is provision of quality services.
- The department’s employees are its most valuable asset.
- Employee involvement in departmental activities is essential for maintaining a productive working environment.
- Employees should be treated fairly and equitably in recognition of basic human dignity and as a means of enriching their work life.